So, I have been asked on how I made my Tauriel bow.
Its rather brief but I hope it helps~
1 inch pvc pipe
spray paint paint (green and brown)
silver paint marker
Step 1: Shapping
- Shape your pipe to your desired…
How I made Tauriel arm bracers:
1. ) cut out the basic shape of your arm bracers on eva foam and wraped it with brown vinyl (p.u. leather) using either a spray adhesive glue or contact glue. The end result should look like the top pic in no. 1.
Also, sketch out the design you want on your arm bracers on paper. (Bottom part of no. 1)
2) place the design on the foam and secure it using tape as seen in 2.
3) sew along the lines of your design using a gold thread as seen in 3.
4) when you are done, carefully tear away the paper.
5) this is how the end result should look like.
6) shade in a darker brown using dylon fake leather paint along the outer corners of the arm bracers so they look more leather-ish. (I think this could also be achieved with brown shoe polish.)
7) this is a picture comparison of the before and after shading of brown using the dye. Picture on the right is before shading while the left is after.
8) completed look.